- GWO Basic Safety Training
- GWO Working & Rescue at Heights
- GWO Sea Survival
- GWO First Aid
- GWO Manual Handling
- GWO Fire Awareness
- CAA Permission for Commercial Operation (drone pilot)
- OPITO Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training (BOSIET/FOET)
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Traing (HUET)
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS)
- DONUT Evacuation System
- City & Guilds Confined Space Training
- Offshore Medical (including Chester Step Test)
- Comprehensive, specialist insurance
We started work in 1964 with still and film cameras using photographic emulsions, eventually expanding the business to run a 24/7 processing operation to meet demand. Today we use the latest digital equipment to produce photographs detailed enough to be blown up on the side of a building and moving images of true cinema quality. The team has been hanging out of helicopters for decades, but now we spend more time in comparative warmth operating our own unmanned aerial vehicles (drones). Using high quality miniature cameras we are able to film safely in confined spaces and access vantage points hitherto considered inaccessible. We have designed and produced our own self-powered time-lapse camera systems capable of autonomous, remote operation for months on end. Advances in technology over our lifetime have been astonishing, and we have not shyed away from investing to keep up. Unlike many production companies we own virtually all the equipment we use; this enables us to respond to clients' requirements at very short notice.
Technology is not everything. Experience, skill and above all creativity are even more important. Here too CHPV endeavours to lead, including recruiting new people with complimentary skills from broadcast TV and social documentary backgrounds. We are constantly challenging each other: How can we do it differently? How can we do it better? Nothing pleases us more than when a client responds "Wow, I didn't realise you could do that!".